Candidates must possess a minimum of a B.S. degree in an engineering discipline with 5+ years of professional experience in same. Desired experience includes excellent writing and communication skills, project/client management, a working regulatory knowledge base (e.g. RCRA, CERCLA, GAEPD, ADEM, FDEP, SCDHEC etc.), extensive knowledge and experience with liner design (preferably landfill although other HPDE liner experience is acceptable), construction, quality control, stormwater management, construction best management practices and site safety, project management experience, including financial management, and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and GIS. Position requires DMV record check and a satisfactory medical exam including drug screen. 40 Hr. OSHA training required. Full benefits offered. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summary of Position:
The Mid to Senior Civil Engineering PM will be responsible for providing project/client management, general writing and technical support for proposals and projects managed from the Hunters Point Naval Shipyard site office. Leisnoi considers this a long-term position with growth potential. The successful candidate will immediately become part of our team, and will be working on projects for State Agency and Federal Agency led projects.
The Civil Engineering PM will have four main responsibilities which will include: 1) project management 2) proposal, plan and report writing, 3) frequent interaction with client/regulators, 4) directing/mentoring junior- to mid-level employees in proper proposal/report writing and field work implementation and 5) engineering design. The writing responsibilities will include directly overseeing the writing of Planning Documents (Work Plans, Corrective Action Plans, QAPPs, SAPs, Construction QA/QC Plans, Erosion Control Plans, etc.) and Engineering Reports.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Licensed Professional Civil Engineer in the State of California.
- Must have 5+ years of environmental or civil engineering consulting and project management experience
- Other specific experience that will be evaluated includes:
- Experience performing liner design and quality control
- Demonstrate ability to assist with technical questions, cost analyses and engineering oversite
- Stormwater management design and construction
- Experience in site civil engineering construction and design
- Experience in site safety
- Demonstrated Proposal and Report Writing Ability
- Extensive Knowledge of Fieldwork Procedures and maintaining Quality Control during those procedures.
- Ability to handle routine Project Responsibilities with minimal over-sight and direction from the Program Manager.
- Ability to identify problems as they occur and work with the Project Team to brainstorm and implement solutions.
- The candidate must have the following personality traits:
- Positive and Professional
- Team Player
- Organized and meticulous with details
- Self-motivated and efficient
- Computer literate with working knowledge of GIS, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and PowerPoint
- Current valid driver’s license and ability to pass a HAZWOPER medical exam and drug screen.
Special Consideration will be given to candidates who have:
- Extensive knowledge of Federal and/or State Regulatory Guidelines
- Understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D or GIS Software
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Experience in Microsoft Project or other project management software
- 40 Hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training
- Current 8-hour OSHA HAZWOPER refresher
Leisnoi values strategic thinking, creative approaches, and high-quality work products for our clients. We strive to provide a positive and team-oriented workplace for motivated individuals.
Leisnoi offers a full benefit package which includes medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k).
LEISNOI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.