Limited Land Use and Firewood Gathering Regulations
The following land use and firewood gathering regulations represent the policies established by Leisnoi, Inc. The general public wishing to access these lands to hunt, fish, recreate, and other purposes must obtain a Land Use and Firewood Gathering Permit and Waiver. Any activity on Leisnoi property for even one day requires a permit. Leisnoi appreciates your cooperation and respect for our land. Successful and efficient implementation of our land use permit system and compliance with our terms and conditions will facilitate the continued use and enjoyment of these private lands, now and into the future.
Leisnoi Shareholders, Spouses and Descendants – No charge, but a signed waiver is required.
ANNUAL LAND USE (include annual day-use hiking, berry picking, fishing: $20 residents, $50 non-residents – camping is NOT included).
ANNUAL SMALL-GAME PERMIT (includes hares, waterfowl, and upland game birds, and the land use permit: $50 residents, $75 non-residents)
ANNUAL DEER HUNTING (includes an annual camping permit: $150 residents, $200 non-residents).
ANNUAL BEAR HUNTING (includes a land use permit: $600 residents, $800 non-residents).
ANNUAL CAMPING (overnight use: $100 per family). Family names must be included on the permit, and the fee includes annual land use for the head-of-household: other family members over the age of 16 will be required to purchase an annual land use permit. Family will include parents and children.
NIGHTLY CAMPING (overnight use: $10 per night).
FIREWOOD CORD: $20 per person per cord
Commercial bear and fishing guides and commercial film crews please call 907-512-2055 to obtain permit information and prices.
Permits may be revoked if you fail to comply and future permits may be denied.
PERMIT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Permits are for Calendar Year only. EXCEPTION: ALL FIREWOOD MUST BE COLLECTED NOT LATER THAN 14 DAYS (PER CORD) FROM THE PERMIT PURCHASE DATE.
- This permit is for personal use only and does not allow any commercial activity or allow wood gathered for firewood to be sold.
- Hunting, fishing, hiking, camping and any other use of Leisnoi land is allowed by permit only.
- No commercially guided hunting without special permit.
- This permit is not a hunting or fishing license. You must obtain these through the proper authorities and obey all Alaska Department of Fish and Game laws.
- Permission to enter and use the permit area is conditional upon your compliance with all rules and conditions.
- Violations of permit rules may result in denial of future permit applications.
- Leisnoi retains the right to cancel the permit at any time.
- A copy of permit must be in the windshield on the drivers’ side of the registered vehicle.
- fireworks, trapping AND BURNING PALLETS are prohibited on all Leisnoi lands.
- Motorized vehicles including ATVs must remain on improved roads and identified easements and trails.
- No hunting or shooting within one (1) mile of any camp, cabin or active logging area.
- NO CHRISTMAS TREE CUTTING.
- Firewood gathering allowed by permit only.
- Permit holders assume responsibility and risks for their own safety and for that of any minors accompanying them.
- Active logging areas are closed to all access.
- Long Island access is by special permit only. Please notify our office at 907-222-6900.
- No overnight camping allowed outside of designated areas unless hunting.
- No gray or black water dumping, all trash must be taken out and area cleaned up.
- Fires are allowed only in designated campground fire pits. DO NOT LEAVE BROKEN BOTTLES.
- NEVER leave a fire unattended. Make sure your fire is completely out (cold and not smoking) before leaving it.
- Deer must be taken care of in the field and dealt with in a manner that minimizes bear problems.
- Parents and/or guardians must sign for children under 16.
- You are allowed to camp after obtaining the appropriate permit for a maximum of 9 nights in one location.
- Maps provide by Leisnoi are for general reference use only. Individuals recreating on Leisnoi land need to provide their own map for navigation purposes.
- PLEASE be careful of recently planted conifer seedlings in previous harvested timber areas.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS SPECIFIC TO GATHERING FIREWOOD
- Gathering firewood is only allowed in the area marked on the Firewood Gathering Map or as instructed by Leisnoi personnel.
- ALL FIREWOOD MUST BE COLLECTED NOT LATER THAN 14 DAYS (PER CORD) FROM THE PERMIT PURCHASE DATE.
- Firewood may not be gathered from active logging areas.
- Trees may not be cut down whether they are dead or not. Any standing trees are off limits for firewood.
- No gathering of firewood within one hundred feet of any anadromous, fish-bearing lake, stream or river.
- Please protect surrounding trees and seedlings from injury when gathering the firewood.
- Do not block roads or trails with vehicles or downed wood.
- Safety and other suggestions:
- It is suggested that leather gloves, heavy leather boots, safety chaps, safety glasses, ear protection, and a hard hat be used at minimum for personal protection.
- Be careful during saw fueling to avoid spilling gas. Serious explosions and disabling burns have occurred to operators restating saws after refueling spills.
- Smoke only in a vehicle. No smoking on roads or in wood gathering areas.
- Cut and split no more wood than can be hauled at one time as wood left on site might be collected by another permit holder.
- Share the woods. It may be unsafe and disruptive to cut firewood during firearm hunting seasons.
- Bright, fluorescent color should be worn.
- Vehicles must remain on roads during firewood gathering.